AlphaPlus seeks to further adult learning by helping educators and organizations to become digitally enabled.
We envision a Canada where all people have the literacy and digital skills to enable them to participate actively in the social, political, cultural and economic life of our country.
- Literacy is a life-enhancing set of skills, enabling people to fully participate in their communities and see life as full of possibility.
- Using digital technologies is an essential component of literacy. They are critical to almost every activity in our economy and society.
- Adult learners should have fair and equitable access to basic education through a variety of options in order to meet their unique needs, culture, and circumstances.
- Learners, educators and AlphaPlus work together in a constantly changing learning environment.
- AlphaPlus uses digital technology tools to model behaviour to the field and to enhance our own learning.