AlphaPlus’ Board of Directors is seeking applications from individuals interested in volunteering their time and expertise as a member of the Board.
Specifically, we are interested in individuals with competencies in the following areas:
- Communications and marketing
- Information technology consulting
- Government relations
- Adult education
- Sectoral knowledge of the Anglophone, Francophone, Aboriginal, Deaf and Deafblind communities
- Organisational development
- Attendance at 4 or 5 Board meetings (conducted in English) each year, in Toronto or via electronic means
- Membership on one standing committee. Not all meetings are face-to-face
- Ensuring that goals, mission, policies and strategic priorities of the organization are relevant and current
- Providing advice and counsel to the board or agency as required
- Resident of Ontario
- Each term is three years
All reasonable travel costs related to participation on the board are covered.
Individuals interested in applying for a position on the board should submit their resume and cover letter to Alan Chewinski at [email protected]