Moodle, a free open-source online course management system can be downloaded by anyone whose computer meets the specifications, but learning to administer and manage a Moodle site can be demanding and time-intensive.
Over the years, AlphaPlus has helped our Moodle course graduates and literacy organizations set up their own Moodle sites by offering limited Moodle site hosting. We no longer offer this service.
Currently, AlphaPlus hosts Moodle sites for the following Ontario-based adult literacy programs, networks and umbrella organizations:
- Bob Rumball Centre for the Deaf - Online Classroom
- George Brown College Upgrading Moodle site
- Laubach Literacy Ontario Training Post
- Learning Lounge - Literacy Link South Central
- Places to Learn
- Toronto District School Board Blended Learning Project
- Virtual Classroom for Deaf Learners
For information about Moodle site hosting services, we recommend contacting any of the three official Canadian Moodle Partners:
There is more information about hosting on the Moodle Community site - look in the Setting up section.