Google Keep App – manage your notes and lists from various Android devices
December 2nd, 2014 by Monika Jankowska-Pacyna
Google Keep is a free application developed by Google that allows you to quickly save notes, lists and pictures, even record voice memos, and quickly find them on your devices. Keep can be set up on your Android phone or tablet, as well as on a computer and everything you add syncs across all of your devices for easy access. It can be a great tool to help you and your students quickly manage their tasks, notes and lists.
Keep allows you to:
- colour code your notes to quickly find and organize them
- set location-based reminders to pull up your grocery list right when you get to the store
- share and co-manage your notes and lists with others
Keep can be used to:
- create shopping lists (and share them with family members so everyone can view and update them)
- keep various notes (for example, a homework assignment, a to-do list, a website address someone mentioned in a discussion, or the dimensions of a carpet you might want to buy)
- take pictures (for example, a photo of a receipt you might want to keep as a reference or a picture of a poster promoting an event you might want to go to)
Here is a quick overview of Google Keep:
Here is a quick look at Keep lists and notes when accessed via https://keep.google.com/:
Here is a sample Keep list when accessed via a Google Chrome App launcher:
And here is the same list but accessed via a mobile App on a Nexus 4 phone:
To set up your Keep account, go to https://keep.google.com/ (you will have to log in to your gmail account).
To set up the App on your Android mobile devices, visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.keep&hl=en
For quick access, you can also add Keep to your Google Chrome browser’s App Launcher.
Simply go to your Google Web Store at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-keep-notes-and-lis/hmjkmjkepdijhoojdojkdfohbdgmmhki?utm_source=gmail and add it to your Apps.
Unfortunately, there is no official Google Keep App for iPhone and iPad users, but you can set up the online account at http://keep.google.com and create a shortcut link to it from your device’s home screen. Steps for adding a link to a home screen can be found at How to Add a Link Button to the Home Screen of an iPhone.