Instagram – a photo-sharing tool everyone is talking about
July 2nd, 2015 by Monika Jankowska-Pacyna
Instagram is a photo an video sharing app that allows you to take a picture or video, choose a filter to transform its look and feel, and then share it with others who follow you. It’s like a social network for sharing photos where posts can be shared with all followers or directly with one person.
Instagram can be connected to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social channels so you can post your images and videos there as well.
It can be easily used to:
- live-report from meetings, classes, trips, events and conferences (photos and videos)
- connect and share inspirational quotes and stats
- promote and market fundraising events
- create countdowns for upcoming events
- ask students to create visual stories and teach technology skills (use a class-specific hashtag)
Instagram is meant to be used as an Application on mobile devices (snap a picture and post it approach)
New account can only be set up via a mobile App. The web version allows you to login in, see what your network is sharing and make changes to your profile but there is no option to post from your website account
To learn more explore our Tech Tuesdays webinar recordings and slides: