AlphaPlus is a champion for stronger recognition of the role of technology in creating quality education and as an enabler for individuals’ social well-being and economic sustainability.
AlphaPlus is a system leader collaborating with the network of LBS providers, support organizations and regional networks to optimize learners’ accomplishments through technology-rich adult learning environments.
1. Build a sector-wide strategy for technology-rich adult learning
- Strengthen AlphaPlus’ visibility and relationships within LBS sector and promote AlphaPlus’ value as a strategic leader for technology
- Lead the creation of a shared vision and strategy, working with key sector partners
- Develop strategic partnerships with key leaders in innovation, technology and workforce development sectors to strengthen alignment with broader strategies and opportunities
2. Champion and build the case for technology-rich adult learning
- Leverage research, evaluation and promising practice to create a compelling business case for technology-rich adult learning
- Work with sector partners to develop and implement a strategic communications plan to promote the value and impact of the Literacy and Basic Skills sector in closing the tech gap
- Develop productive working relationships with government officials and act as a trusted advisor & intermediary on technology related issues and opportunities
3. Strengthen the field to mobilize technology-rich adult learning
- Promote a sector-wide technology culture by sharing evidence, showcasing promising examples and facilitating shared learning
- Strengthen the knowledge and capacity of the Literacy and Basic Skills sector to create technology-rich learning experiences through initiatives including:
- E-learning, apps, etc.
- Tech Coaching
- Convening and participating in conferences, workshops and events
- Peer learning and mentoring across the network
- Modelling AlphaPlus’ approach to adult learning and developing models from promising practices.