AlphaPlus Annual Report 2011-12
August 29th, 2012 by Monika Jankowska-Pacyna
Our 2011-2012 Annual Report includes a foreword message from our outgoing Board Chair, Peter Rogers, and from our new Executive Director, Greg Gulas, who joined AlphaPlus in March.
Overall, in 2011-12 we have been busy working on:
- providing support in the implementation of the Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF)
- publishing literacy research reports
- upgrading to Moodle 2.1 and delivering Moodle training
- developing Getting to Know Moodle in ASL videos with captions for the Deaf/Deaf-blind community
- setting up a resource website for literacy tutors in correctional facilities and piloting a program to provide seamless learning opportunities for offenders
- learning about and documenting how digital technologies and e-learning are being used in adult literacy programs
- offering monthly Tech Tuesdays webinars
- and much more.