Council of the Federation announces Literacy Award Winners for 2012
July 24th, 2012 by Monika Jankowska-Pacyna
The eighth annual Council of the Federation Literacy Awards were announced today and we were excited to learn that Community Literacy of Ontario was among the winners.
The award recognizes outstanding achievement, innovative practice and excellence in literacy. It is presented annually in each province and territory to educators, volunteers, learners, community organizations, non-governmental organizations and businesses.
The Council of the Federation comprises all 13 provincial and territorial Premiers. It enables Premiers to work collaboratively to strengthen the Canadian federation by fostering a constructive relationship among the provinces and territories, and with the federal government.
The recipients of the 2012 Council of the Federation Literacy Award are:
- Lisa O’Blenis – Alberta
- Literacy Alliance of the Shuswap Society (LASS) – British Columbia
- Tina Bergen – Manitoba
- Maria (Candy) Mateo – New Brunswick
- Elizabeth Cormier – New Brunswick
- Karra Dillon – Northwest Territories
- Kimberlly (Kim) Nielsen – Nova Scotia
- Annie Neglak – Nunavut
- Community Literacy of Ontario – Ontario
- Terry Affleck – Prince Edward Island
- Romain Audet – Québec
- Gordon Li – Saskatchewan
- Doris Roberts – Yukon
Congratulations to all of the amazing individuals and organizations!
Click here to learn more.