JOIN OUR TEAM – AlphaPlus job opportunity
May 15th, 2020 by Alan Cherwinski
Organizational Development Associate – Education and Technology (Bilingual – French/English)
To be successful in this role, you will be required to work individually or within a team to provide direct support and a range of resources to external adult education organizations funded under the Ontario Literacy and Basic Skills Program specifically focused on the
- integration of digital technology solutions, and
- implementation of blended learning approaches.
Duties & Responsibilities
A. External Technology Engagements and Consulting
Strategically plans and conducts a range of outreach and recruitment activities with existing and potential clients to inform them of AlphaPlus’ services and to assess their need, interest and capacity to participate.
Document, analyse and communicate information on the assessment of clients, including the scope of the potential engagements, to team members and management to support the targeting and client selection.
Perform detailed needs assessments including data analysis, conducting process walk-throughs, observing instruction, reviewing instructional resources and identifying technology integration competencies among client staff, and translating business needs into appropriate coaching, training, and resources to support organizational growth.
Conduct client on-boarding including the facilitation, resolution and documentation of agreements, client service plans, communication protocols, and work plans.
Serve as liaison between client and AlphaPlus team and management during engagements.
Develop professional credibility and trust with the clients.
Assist in the development and maintenance of the calendar and resourcing plans and for services and activities throughout the year.
Facilitate the completion the service plan activities in collaboration with clients:
- Provide in-person, email, and phone support responding to ad hoc technology-related requests from clients to ensure the successful use of digital technology.
- Guide clients in the development of an organizational IT Plan and Strategy that is incorporated into their broader organizational strategy
- Guide clients in the development of an organizational IT Plan that defines the role of technology across the organization as it promotes and supports their broader organizational strategy and mission
- Support clients by helping with the “what” and “how” of teaching the foundational use of digital technology.
- Employ coaching processes that foster increased individual initiative so that administrators and educators will ultimately drive their own progress toward achieving their established goals and further develop their own expertise.
- Share methods, materials, tools and additional resources through modeling and other best practices to enhance client effectiveness.
- Contribute to an environment that encourages creative and independent use of digital technology throughout the client organization.
- Develop, deliver, refine and evaluate high-quality professional development workshops/activities and demonstrations for client staff
- Work with educators at client sites, both individually and in groups to aid them in using technology to address required learner outcomes.
- Help educators to independently plan and execute engaging lessons that drive learner achievement with the aid of technology.
- Work with clients to drive the strategic, appropriate, and visionary use of technology.
- Facilitate conversations that bridge data analysis to instructional technology integration and performance improvement.
Client Care/Service Maintenance/Analysis & Reporting
Maintain service plans and communicate project status to the necessary stakeholders in a timely manner.
Refine and revise service plans when needed to meet the needs of clients.
Compile data and prepare monthly and ad hoc reports, presentations and dashboards for key metrics.
Escalate issues to the wider team and/or Management when necessary, and understand to include the Executive Direction in certain conversations and scenarios.
Facilitate with clients a structured review or de-brief process to analyse outcomes.
Prepare engagement Exit Reports on impacts and lessons learned with the goal of improving future performance.
Compile and analyse post-engagement data and prepare internal reports and presentations on key metrics measuring services’ impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility.
B. Stakeholder Management
Deliver, refine and evaluate training events and conference workshops (including pre and post activities)targeted to adult educators.
Research and prepare articles, including, blog/web posts, podcasts, tweets, for external audiences, including the public, stakeholders and funders.
Participate in meetings, social networks, workshops and/or training for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to improve AlphaPlus’ understanding of the technology needs and goals of stakeholders in order to optimize interactions (and engagement).
Contribute to and support marketing and promotional activities.
Develop effective relationships and collaborative working styles with key stakeholders, partners, and others in the sector.
Create and maintain stakeholder databases records.
Participate in external groups as AlphaPlus representative and/or subject matter expert.
Contribute subject matter expertise and support in the development of proposals as assigned.
C. Organizational Development
Keep abreast of current and emerging research, technologies and strategies for the purpose of making recommendations.
Contribute to organization-wide knowledge sharing activities and processes.
Contribute to the ongoing organization-wide activities and processes to improve products, services and operations.
Work weeks are 3 days, seven (7) hours work per day with occasional weekend work (as per Collective Agreement)
Overtime as required
Travel required several times a month
Office environment with telework options