What could digital technology make possible for your adult literacy program? Is there an outcome you would like to achieve using digital tools – but you need a framework, training or guidance to achieve it?
Digital technology can help you enhance classroom learning and improve learners’ experiences. The right tech can help you to streamline administrative activities, improve service coordination, boost your organizational capacity and advance your business practices.
We can coach you through the technology improvements and enhancements you’d like to make, toward the vision or outcome you’d like to achieve.
Technology coaching service from AlphaPlus
AlphaPlus provides free coaching for Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) programs in Ontario. Working with an AlphaPlus coach, you’ll discover ways you can use technology to make your organization stronger, solve problems more quickly, and smooth out barriers. Our experienced education and technology consultants understand emerging technology, trends, and challenges facing the broader adult education sector and are ready to apply our experience and knowledge gained from helping your peers.
Here’s how coaching works
We take a collaborative approach to coaching, meeting you where you are (whether beginner, intermediate or advanced).
- Service plan development: First, we will meet with you to discuss your needs. We’ll take inventory of your existing and required resources and services, and develop a customized service plan with short-term, intermediate and long-term goals. Our approach together might include:
- Developing your information technology (IT) plan
- Updating your current technology
- Getting trained on using a specific application, tool, website or other digital technology
- Training and support: We provide training and support to implement your new service plan, working collaboratively from three months up to a year. We’ll meet at a frequency that makes sense for you, working through problems together, providing you with “homework,” and developing resources that will support you. Along the way, your coach will bring your questions and challenges back to our team, tapping into AlphaPlus’ collective solutions and ideas.
- Progress/outcome evaluation: At the end of each coaching cycle, we’ll work with you to complete an exit report outlining your initial objectives, progress and outcomes of our work.
“Your sessions were a lifesaver. We desperately needed some technical support and you stepped into the breach.”
~ Shelley Lynch, Adult Literacy Instructor
Essential Skills Upgrading, Toronto District School Board
Do you work in an adult literacy program in Ontario? Access coaching from AlphaPlus by sharing a few details with us.